Re: [squid-users] Allways check the origin server.

From: Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó <carles@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:08:00 +0200

On Thursday 03 April 2003 14:56, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Not a lot... it will need to do the verification of each image, which
> means a HTTP request plus full response headers transferred over the
> network. Only transfer of the actual image data is avoided.

Yes, I agree, but the image transfer is lot of times more bandwidth consuming
than the HTTP request headers and the 304 response code from the server
indicating that the image has not been changed.
Do you agree ?

And do you agree with the benefits of this proxy configuration ?
(*) The user allways see an updated version of the document he/she is
requesting.
(*) Bandwidth save in the Internet link.

I have used the next refresh_pattern configuration for make squid follow the
desired behavior:
refresh_pattern . 0 0% 0

Is it right ?

Greetings.