[squid-users] http_access

From: Kevin D. Alford <kalford@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 00:07:16 GMT

Hello,

I want to limit the access to my content filtering environment. Below is
the part of my squid.config file dealing with access control. While
troubleshooting, I put only my IP Address and Network mask. These are
definitely working IP Addresses and Netmasks. Please help!!

#Default:
# http_access deny all
#
#Recommended minimum configuration:
#
#Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
#http_access allow manager localhost
#http_access allow all

# http_access deny manager
# Deny requests to unknown ports
http_access deny !Safe_ports
# Deny CONNECT to other than SSL ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
#
# We strongly recommend to uncomment the following to protect innocent
# web applications running on the proxy server who think that the only
# one who can access services on "localhost" is a local user
#http_access deny to_localhost
#
# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS

# Exampe rule allowing access from your local networks. Adapt
# to list your (internal) IP networks from where browsing should
# be allowed
#acl ournetworks src 209.128.224.164/255.255.255.192
#http_access allow ournetworks
http_access allow all

# And finally deny all other access to this proxy
http_access deny all

Kevin D. Alford
Sr. Linux/UNIX Engineer
800.636.1188