Re: [squid-users] bypassing the proxy for local atomic hostnames

From: Rolf <rolf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 10:21:14 +1000

Thanks. Still not working. append_domain adds the domain as expected but
still the request is being passed to the upstream cache (outside our net)
which has no knowledge of our hosts, qualified or not.
So always_direct is set as follows

acl local-sites dstdomain .domain.com.au
always_direct allow local-sites

But it makes no difference.

As the always_direct directive is after the proxy-auth directives in
squid.conf, I tried moving it to before that section, so it is now near the
start of the config (I am guessing). No difference.

So immediately after the always_direct I added
http_access allow local-sites

That had the (incidentally desirable) effect of stopping the
username/password prompt occurring when the browser starts, but still the
request was passed to the upstream proxy and failed as before.

I can see that always_direct is the setting but it seems to be being ignored.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Rolf.