[squid-users] What is the Algorithm for removing cached objects from disk

From: atit jariwala <atit@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 11:26:05 +0530

I got my cache being going beyond lower water mark(> than cache_swap_low)
and i konw squid atomatically start purging objects from cache.
but my concern is how it will determine which objects to remove and which to
keep in disk?
is there any algorithm for this?

my cache_replacement_policy is LFUDA .........

is there any separate thread created for this? or squid process will take of

-=== atit