Re: [squid-users] SYN flood attack

From: MASOOD AHMAD <masoodnt10@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 22:25:56 -0800 (PST)

change your values for number of file descriptors and
compile your squid again.....

/proc/sys/fs/file-max

like

echo 4096 > /proc/sys/fs/file-mac

if you talk about SYN attack.......

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syncookies

and increase the values of this

echo 1000 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_max_syn_backlog

Best Regards,
Masood Ahmad Shah
System Administrator
Fibre Net