Re: [squid-users] Squid hangs for 9 seconds before serving a page

From: Ricardo Ryoiti S. Junior <suga@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 07:40:35 -0300 (BRT)

        Ola,

> Squid needs a "server" (i.e. DJB DNS Cache) to resolve the name and keep the
> data into its "memory". Hope I am right.
>
> If positive, Mauro can try to use the DJB DNS Cache.

        Using your ISP's DNS might be a better idea since it usually has
more cache than your local DNS, unless it (yours) has many users. Lookups
should be faster if you use a DNS with low latency from where you are and
has good cache. Also, you can check squid's dns cache with cachemgr.cgi,
by selecting the "IP Cache Stats and contents" option:

-->8--
IP Cache Statistics:
IPcache Entries: 911
IPcache Requests: 859300