Re: [squid-users] Optimize / Performance / Dimensioning of a proxy squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 07 Apr 2003 11:40:54 +0200

What kind of users?

There is a huge difference between

 * DSL home subscribers
 * Office users
 * Dialup users

To get a better picture, the value you need to consider is the amount of
traffic for port 80. Primarily the aggregate number of HTTP requests per
second. From this we can then help you scale the server accordingly.

--
Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
PayPal donations welcome if you consider my Free Squid support helpful.