RE: [squid-users] Squid and streaming

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 08 Apr 2003 12:07:01 +0200

tis 2003-04-08 klockan 10.07 skrev ABOKHALAF, Nassri Abdellatif:

> You are correct, doing netstat -la in my squid machine there were
> multiple conections open for a given host who is broadcasting
> streaming, this does not mean squid was not doing any caching.

Sounds like they use tunneling of mms:// over HTTP.

Each client opens a new tunnel over HTTP and initiates "streaming".

> A post in the archives tells you can configure somethig similar to
> Win media player (i think it was Real player)to use proxy settings,
> can someone tell me if there was any success because i tried but it
> did not work....

If you see connections to the Squid proxy then the client is using the
proxy. However, this does not mean Squid will be able to aggregate the
request and use a single stream from the source. For such functions you
will need an specific mms:// proxy with "splitting" capability.

Alternatively the broadcast needs to be done using multicast.

--
Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
If you need commercial Squid support or cost effective Squid and