Re: [squid-users] ldap authentication with NDS

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 08 Apr 2003 18:58:26 +0200

I am not using Novell, but I know that others have succeeded in doing
this.

Requirements:

 1. The NDS needs to be configured to accept un-encrypted LDAP sessions,
or you need to SSL encrypt the ldap connections. The current helper
version support SSL encryption, if using older helpers then stunnel can
be used to set up the required encryption.. (set up stunnel to accept
requests on localhost, forwarding them SSL encrypted to your NDS server,
and have the Squid helpers talk to the stunnel port on localhost).

 2. Other than 1 it is a fairly standard setup. You need to identify
which LDAP attribute you want to use as login name, and the base DN of
your LDAP tree..

--
Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
If you need commercial Squid support or cost effective Squid and