[squid-users] RE: TR: downloading large files

From: wilco heinneman <wilco.heinneman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 13:28:55 +0200

Schelstraete Bart wrote:

> Hello Stéphane,
>
> a) Do you have this problem with every -big- file? (which type of
files)
> b) Are you using using a kind of redirector? (squidguard, etc)
> c) Try changing the debug_options in your squid.conf file, and then
> check the cache.log file for any error messages. If there are any
> messages, can you post them top the list?

I am using Squid for many years until approx. version 2.4stable6, I did
not have any problems with large files. But with version 2.4stable6 and
later, I did get some problems with downloading Servicepacks from M$ and
a few other sites.

I did solve the problem with increasing the following parameters:

request_body_max_size 70 MB
reply_body_max_size 70 MB

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards
Wilco Heinneman
Zoranet internet diensten b.v.
Hanzelaan 288a
8017 JJ  Zwolle
Tel: +31 (0) 38 4559560
Fax: +31 (0) 38 4551402
Dit emailbericht is gecontroleerd op
virussen door www.tipi-opensystems.com.
This email hase been checked for viruses
by www.tipi-opensystems.com