[squid-users] NTLM Authentication

From: Mike Diggins <diggins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 12:47:39 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

>>On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 11:24, Mike Diggins wrote:
>> Just got NTLM working with Squid 2.5S2. When I'm not using NTLM, how do
>> tell squid to always assume the domain is DM1 (example). I often get
>> prompted for a domain from clients not logged into DM1. Is there anyway
>>> tell squid to always assume it's DM1?

>No. The clients specify what domain they are authenticating to. If they
>aren't logged into DM1, and there is no trust relationship, their login
>will fail.

Just to be sure I understand. I connect to my test proxy server from home
where I'm running XP and not logged into domain. IE 6 prompts me for a
username and password. I enter the correct ones then it prompts me again
this time with CHEWY\diggins already filled in for the username and my
password also filled in. I change CHEWY to DM1 (DM1\diggins) and it lets
me in. My home computer is named CHEWY :)

Is there no way that I can get just the single login box with a simple
username and password prompt? Most of my users will not be able to use
NTLM and for them I'm relying on the basic authentication. However, if
they get prompts like this there not going to know what's going on. Am I
out of luck?

-Mike