[squid-users] cache performance

From: Kasim Oztoprak <kasim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun Apr 13 15:03:49 2003

hello,

i have seen some benchmarking in the internet for the web caches.
in such results squid seems to be one of the slowests one compared
with commercial ones. however, i saw that the tests are done 2
or three years ago. I would like to know, where i can find an up to
date performance metrics for squid.

Can it response more than 2 -3 thousands responses per second?
of course it is directly related to the configuration of the
hardware, but there may be some other criterias.

the second question is related to transparent proxy. can I force squid
to send the IP address of the clients to the web servers to be
connected? I mean can i force the proxy to to provide IP addres of the
clients to the web servers?

best regards,

-kasim