[squid-users] Integration with VB

From: Adam Finster <adam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:03:36 +1000

Greetings all!

We have written a program in Visual Basic that allows a client machine
to communicate with a remote data host (us) via TCP using a specific
port number.

A particular client of ours uses SQUID as their proxy server, and have
instructed us that all of our communications have to go via their proxy
server. This has posed some difficulty for us as the control we use for
our TCP communications will only handle SOCKS 4/5 proxies, and our
client will not add SOCKS to their system.

Does anyone know of a VB control that will allow me to communicate via
the SQUID proxy server without utilising SOCKS?
Is there another approach I can use?

Thanks for your comments,

Regards,

Adam Finster