Re: [squid-users] Is this a bug? Apache/Squid

From: Juri Haberland <list-squid.users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:23:21 +0000 (UTC)

Ryan_James@emc.com wrote:
> Actually, I posted my .conf file awhile back. But here it is again:

> httpd_accel_host virtual
> httpd_accel_port 80
> httpd_accel_with_proxy on
> httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

The lines above indicate that you try to run a accellerating web cache,
which is contradicting the statement of you below.

> I am using it to cache web access going out. However the server it is
> running on is also my web server. Regardless on how I set up my acl's it
> seems as long as it is running I cannot get to my website from outside.

I'm sure it's not a problem of the ACLs. Disable those lines above and
try again. If it doesn't work, then please post the error message that
you get from Squid in your browser as well as the logs.

> Here is some output from my cache log file. Please let me know what else
> you need. But bottom line, does squid and apache work together?

Yes, sure they work together.

Cheers,
Juri

--