[squid-users] Starting on boot squid-2.5.STABLE2 with winbind fails

From: Joao Coutinho <jocoutinho@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:20:18 +0000

Hi,
If I start manually nmbd, winbindd and then start squid, squid starts and I
can browse Internet from any client, authenticating on my Windows NT Domain.
Now, I'm trying to start them automatically on boot time. I added these
lines on my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file: (I don't if it's the best way to start
them, but I new to linux)

/usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd
/usr/local/samba/bin/winbindd
/usr/local/squid/sbin/squid

When I restart the server, only nmbd and winbindd are started. I have to
start squid manually. What am I doing wrong? Maybe winbindd takes some time
to start and causes squid to fail...
Is there a script to start them?
thanks in advance, Joao Coutinho

MSN Messenger: converse com os seus amigos online.
http://messenger.msn.com.br