[squid-users] Strange URL mangling

From: seb bacon <seb@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Apr 2003 19:27:41 +0100

Hi,

I am using squid as an httpd accelerator in front of apache. I have
it working fine in a sandbox on my desktop. However, with apparently
the same configuration on the live server, this is what I'm getting from
squid:

  While trying to retrieve the URL: NONE://foo:80http://foo/random

  The following error was encountered:

    * Zero Sized Reply

The relevant part of my squid.conf is:

  http_port 1.2.3.4:80
  redirect_program /export/pyredir/pyredir
  httpd_accel_host virtual
  httpd_accel_with_proxy on
  httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
  acl backend dstdomain foo
  cache_peer backend parent 80 7 no-digest no-netdb-exchange no-query
  cache_peer_access backend allow zope

The redirector is outputing http://foo/random in response to requests
for http://bar/random.

Using an external program for that domain, e.g. wget
http://foo/random, behaves as expected.

Where is that NONE coming from? I am getting no information at all
from the cache.log.

TIA,

seb