Re: [squid-users] Network unreachable

From: Andreas Meyer <anmeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:54:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hello!

Am Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:15:56 +0200 schrieb Marc Elsen:

> > A few seconds later the line is up and when I reload the browser
> > squid insists that the network is unreachable.
> >
> > What can I do that squid recognizes that the line is up without
> > restarting it? Is there a timeout setting or something? I can't
> > find it in the FAQ.
> >

> Difficult to solve probably, but FAQ-speaking you won't
> find it in there , because squid is a network application, it
> does not deal with ,or control, level 2 or level 1 issues in the
> network
> stack.
>
> Simply stated it only expects an Internet connection available.
>
> You may need other tricks to keep your ISDN up, so that squid
> can do it's job.

hm, I thought there must be a setting which controls the cache
to look again for a site after a given time. Excuse my poor english
and my misunderstanding but squid is one of the most complicated
software I had ever to deal with.

The thing is, after I surfed some other sites and then return to the
site that failed first, it gets loaded then.

  Andreas Meyer
Object Class   Common Name   userPassword
posixAccount   andreas       {SSHA}hpyqObx1/BXbKFgXoqCayoGsvIgPYiVc