Re: [squid-users] Network unreachable

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:15:56 +0200

Andreas Meyer wrote:

> Hi!
>
> If I request a site in the browser and the ISDN-line isn`t up I
> get a network is unreachable.
>
> A few seconds later the line is up and when I reload the browser
> squid insists that the network is unreachable.
>
> What can I do that squid recognizes that the line is up without
> restarting it? Is there a timeout setting or something? I can't
> find it in the FAQ.

 Difficult to solve probably, but FAQ-speaking you won't
 find it in there , because squid is a network application, it
 does not deal with ,or control, level 2 or level 1 issues in the
network
 stack.

 Simply stated it only expects an Internet connection available.

 You may need other tricks to keep your ISDN up, so that squid
 can do it's job.

 M.

--
 'Love is truth without any future.