Re: [squid-users] documentation or FAQ on disk space as well as memomry requirement

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Apr 2003 15:35:10 +0200

Disk: About 7 days worth of cacheable HTTP traffic.

Memory: As much as needed for supporting the disk size. See the Squid
FAQ..

Note: For high traffic links it may not be possible to have 7 days worth
of cache in a single box due to memory limitations of most servers..
Going much above 1GB of memory requirement by Squid is not very
practical for various reasons.. but this is rarely a problem as you also
run into other limitations like CPU performance etc when approaching
these traffic rates.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden