Re: [squid-users] SSL Download Error

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 15:47:02 +0200

"Sturgis, Grant" wrote:

> I am having problems determining the cause and solution of a download error
> that is occurring at my site. A user is accessing www.mbnanetaccess.com (a
> bank) to access his statement online. The normal SSL connection works fine
> (as does all other connections through the proxy) until he attempts to
> download his statement in MS Money format. The error occurs on the browser
> but not on the proxy server, so far as I can see. The error on the browser
> says: "The file could not be written to the cache"

This very much sound like a browser or plugin bug, or running out of
local disk space on the client..

When requesting SSL sites, squid just acts as a transparent relay. Squid
has not even a remote knowledge of what is being requested from the SSL
site or any means of influencing the requests/responses, only that there
is a connection between your browser and the SSL site.