Re: [squid-users] Debug/Testing Machine

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 15 Apr 2003 18:23:17 +1000

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 17:16, Adam Finster wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> I am a developer, and I really don't want to get bogged down in the setup and
> administration of the product. I just want to be able to talk to a "typical" install of
> the product so that I can test my product before it gets to the client.

Squid is incredibly flexible. To test a typical install, you need to
choose the scenario: forward proxy, interception proxy or reverse proxy.

Then you need to choose authenticated or not authenticated.

Then redirectors in use, or no redirectors in use.

And thats just the core.

The time taken to setup a small squid install for yourself (less than
one hour, including reading the relevant manual sections and downloading
a binary) will be more than worth it in understanding what you will
later see at your clients site.

Cheers,
Rob

--