Re: [squid-users] NTLM authentification failed

From: <bscott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:41:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, at 9:00am, hno@squid-cache.org wrote:
> I do not think that the RedHat RPM have challenge/response winbind support
> enabled..

  It does not. At least, as of Red Hat 7.3 (Samba 2.2.7-2.7.3), it does
not.

  It was near-trivial to rebuild the RPM with the needed support, though.
Grab the SRPM, unpack/install. Edit the "samba.spec" file. Find the first
"%configure" section. Add "--with-winbind-auth-challenge" after
"--with-winbind". I also recommend changing the "Release" tag to something
unique, so you can tell your RPM from the Red Hat one. Save. Do "rpm -ba
samba.spec". Install. Done.

--
Ben Scott <bscott@ntisys.com>