Re: [squid-users] cache/mem ratio ok but swap grows

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 16 Apr 2003 16:46:30 +0200

ons 2003-04-16 klockan 09.59 skrev Marc Elsen:

> Yes, because I think that squid reserves data structures which
> are sized according to the size of the cache.

Not really. Squid allocates data structures as it needs to when filling
the cache.

How much memory Squid is using for various purposes is displayed clearly
in cachemgr. Start by the General Runtime Information page (shows both
total, and amount of cache_mem used), and if that is not sufficient,
look into the "Memory Utilization" page for a detailed view of how your
Squid uses memory.

The main parameters which affects the memory usage by Squid is:

  1. The number of objects in the cache.
  2. The size of cache_mem
  3. Some amount of additional overhead

Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
If you need commercial Squid support or cost effective Squid and