RE: [squid-users] cache/mem ratio ok but swap grows

From: Stuart Clark <newsgroup1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 00:02:34 +1000

So if the amount of memory used by squid is calculated as squid needs it
why is my swap and ram growing with my current spec's?

I know that its squid because when I restart it the swap memory drops to
zero then after about 24 hours its back up to 260 meg out of the 1024meg
available.

Is this normal?

Can I crank it up another 20 gig or is this swap usage telling me to
leave the size as is ?

Does anyone else have there swap creep up to about 1/4 of size over 24
hours?

With my current spec's and a 10mb/1Gig ram/storage ratio I can have 50
gig storage.

You can see it here on my extensive mrtg graphs

http://mrtg.spacelink.com.au/cache_server.html

Username: squidusers

Password: cache