[squid-users] nat plus transparent squid

From: babar haq <babarhaq@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 06:53:21 -0500

Hi
i have a linux machine with 2 ethernet cards in it
1)eth0 is attached to our local office network 192.168.0.0
2)eth1 is attached to our dsl router of the network 192.168.1.0

to use squid for proxy this is wat i am doing with the appropriate changes in squid.conf for transparent caching

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p -tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080
(8080 is the port squid is listening on though i didnt specify the ip address with it)

this is not working and i dont know how to masq so that requests recieved from eth0 for ports other then 80 can be masq thorugh the eth1(attached to our dsl router).

i am extremely confused and dont know where i am heading
thanx in advance
Babar

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup