[squid-users] Re: How to use statRequestHitRatio in Squid?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 12:28:03 +0200

Logging any request ratio value on every request does not make much
sense.. any ratio value is per definition of ratio a function over
time, not a property of a given request.

This type of values is best logged periodically such as every 30
seconds or so. Most easily done externally to Squid by querying Squid
from cron via SNMP or the cachemgr interface.

statRequestHitRatio is called by SNMP with a parameter of how many
minutes you want the ratio calculated over.

It is also called by cachemgr requests in the "General Runtime
Information" page to get last 5, 15 and 60 minutes hit ratio.