Re: [squid-users] How to guess how many requests per second?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 08:21:56 +0200

On Friday 18 April 2003 21.10, Adam wrote:

> I realize most values in both "General Runtime" and elsewhere are
> self-explanatory but some of them I don't understand. Rather than
> posting, is there any document in the code or on the net that
> breaks down each value or line of the various cachemgr screens.

The ones you do not understand is most likely not very interesting.

You can always take a peek into the Squid sources to try to figure out
what a specific value is if you are interested and it is not
mentioned in the FAQ. Most come from stat.c, but I generally use grep
to find the item I am looking for (grep after the description/name of
the value).

Note: cachemgr.c is only a frontend, reformatting the plain text
statistics generated by Squid into better looking HTML. It is Squid
who decides on what to show and where..