Re: [squid-users] How to guess how many requests per second?

From: <adam-s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 12:30:31 -0700

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 08:21:56 +0200, Henrik wrote:
>The ones you do not understand is most likely not very interesting.

Point taken.

>You can always take a peek into the Squid sources to try to figure out
>what a specific value is if you are interested and it is not
>mentioned in the FAQ. Most come from stat.c, but I generally use grep
>to find the item I am looking for (grep after the description/name of
>the value).

You are spot on as always - thanks Henrik. stat.c is what I was
looking for.

>Note: cachemgr.c is only a frontend, reformatting the plain text
>statistics generated by Squid into better looking HTML. It is Squid
>who decides on what to show and where..

Thanks - I could see it was a front-end essentially calling "GET
cache_object://%s/%s HTTP/1.0\r\n" (which I guess is why it logs to
the access.log like any other web request) but thought there'd be some
file that had documented the parameters, values, etc. (like stat.c).

thanks again,

Adam