[squid-users] socksified squid

From: <richard.fuser@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:48:02 +1000

Hi,

Just curious if anyone has had experiences with using a socks gateway to
function with squid.

We run a socks gateway on our firewall which is squids method of getting
out to the internet.

We recently upgraded to 2.5stable2 and are having some challenges with our
parent proxys, children operate fine on 2.5 but parents which are
socksified are having problems.

It has been suggested that socks might be causing some dramas so we would
like to eliminate this as a possible casue.

Is anyone doing anything similar and if so have you had any issues?

On the other hand has anyone used other products such as fwtk to create a
http proxy/gateway?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Richard Fuser