RE: [squid-users] Accelerator Mode with two different ports

From: Boosten, Peter <Peter.Boosten@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:48:51 +0200

# Hello Admins,
#
# i have here a Webserver behind a firewall with two webserver
# instances on it and one Proxy in front of the firewall.
# We use the ports 81 and 3149 on the Webserver and one IP-Address.
# The first Webserver on the machine is an apache intance on
# port 81 for accepting requests and send back a directory tree
# an the server. The second one is a non apache server which
# sends pdf-docs to the users by request over port 3149.
# We need to use the squid accelerator mode but it is only
# defined with one webserver one Webserver IP-Address and one
# Webserver Port Address.
# Any information would be appreciated.

I solved this by running 2 (in my case even 3) instances of squid, with
separate configs, loggings, etc.

Works like charm.

Peter

This e-mail is for the intended recipient only.
If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then
delete it from your system; access, disclosure, copying, distribution or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited.
If you as intended recipient have received this e-mail incorrectly, please
notify the sender (via e-mail) immediately.