[squid-users] Occasional data corruption

From: Gerard Eviston <geviston@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:44:50 +1000

Hello,

I've been seeing occasional corruption of data sent to clients with Squid
2.5STABLE2 in a rather nonstandard config - AIX 5.1, 64bit squid, diskd for
storeio. It happens so infrequently that it's very difficult to repeat but
often enough that it has become a noticeable problem.

It didn't happen AFAICT on a 32bit squid with UFS so I'm led to believe its
either squid's diskd or its 64-bitness at fault on this platform.
Unfortunately narrowing it down to one of the two is difficult because
without running tests in a production environment I'd have trouble generating
enough traffic to reproduce the problem.

So, squid-users, I'd be grateful for some advice on how to do load testing
which would alert me to recurrences of the problem, and some help with
debugging this difficult-to-repeat problem. I'm a bit stumped as to what I
should try from here, but I'd rather work through the problem than work
around it.

Cheers
Gerard Eviston