Re: [squid-users] squid store rebuilding problem(ignore first mail)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 23 Apr 2003 16:27:11 +0200

ons 2003-04-23 klockan 15.06 skrev Marc Elsen:
> atit jariwala wrote:
> >
> > Thnaks for reply,
> > ignore previoud mail it is send by mistake and it was incomplete
> >
> > actually due to rotate logging feature i had missed that cache.log
> > contents.
> > but i am telling some part of it accroding to my memory.........
> > it is telling as follow:
> >
> > store rebuilding 1% Complete
> > store rebuilding 2% Complete
> > store rebuilding 3.4% Complete
> >
> > and so on
> > after that it says..
> > read to serve request (even if store rebuilding is not 100 % complete)
> > and then
> > starting squid 2.5 Stable1
> > and go to store rebuiling process
> > [ keep in mind during this store building process squid might get some
> > requests from clients]
>
> Ok, but next time this happens , it will be advisable to have the
> entries seen as logged in cache.log (full extract)
>
> M.

Upgrade to 2.5.STABLE2 is advisable... below is one of many reasons to
upgrade:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/#squid-2.5.STABLE1-rebuild_assert

Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before