[squid-users] Slow Conection to Internet

From: Dirk Spiekermann <d.spiekermann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:12:05 +0200

Hi,

I have a problem with Squid at one of our customers.
He is running Squid to authenticate the User before giving him Access to
the Internet, because not all Employees are allowed to use the Internet.
Also the Trend Micro Viruswall is configured to be the parent of Squid
in order to keep Viruses away.

The problem is, that it takes qite long until the requeseted Pages are
built up. If you're surfing without an Proxy Entry in the Browser, the
connection really has the Speed, it should have.
I already tested the Connection with only the Viruswall as the Proxy,
but it had no Effect. The same if I used only Squid without the
Viruswall as Proxy.