RE: [squid-users] cache_swap_low and high waternmark

From: Jigar Rasalawala <jrasalawala@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:42:16 -0700

Hi, Henrik

I am running Squid-2.5.STABLE2 on RedHat 8.0. My disk size ( for testing purpose )
4GB. I found that, When squid reaches upto cache_swap_low 90% and it stays there.
It does not hit high water mark ( cache_swap_high 95% ) at all.

According to the docs, When squid reaches upto high watermarks, it will try to maintain
disk space between low and high watermark.

So.
1. Why squid does not work according to the docs ?
2. Is something do I need to take care in my squid.conf
3. Is it a bug in squid ( i assume NOT )

I also found by looking at store.log and access.log ( When If I see entry RELEASE in store.log,
at the same time I cannot see entries in access.log and when It says SWAPOUT in store.log, I can see
squid is serving request in access.log ) that, While releasing objects from squid does not serve any HTTP request... It hurts performance. I think If low and high watermark scenerio works, then squid will
release object frequently but on at every second..

Is there any solution or thought to this prob ?

Thank you. It is becoming big issue at out work.

Jigar