Re: [squid-users] cachemgr.cgi

From: <jschmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:18:56 -0500

'all' means same password for all the actions listed in the squid.conf
section above
the cachemgr_passwd Tag.

My cachemgr accepts administrator, and I don't recall why, someone else
will have
to help you with that one.

the port number is referring to the port number you specify the cache to
listen on using
the http_port Tag in squid.conf (default is 3128). If you have modified
this tag, then port
3128 no longer applies, type in the port your cache is running on.

-jamie-

so I've set the password.
What does 'all' mean?
Where do I set up a username?
Why isn't a service running on port 3128?

When I access the cache manager script (cachemgr.cgi)
it's asking for host, which is localhost.
Then it asks for the cache port, which is defaulted to 3128. Is that
correct?
If so, why isn't a service running there?

Tim Rainier
Manufacturing Systems Analyst, Kalsec INC.
Office: (269) 349-9711 Xtn: 3354
Pager: 2694131607@archwireless.net
Email: trainier@kalsec.com

jschmidt@buhler.com
05/02/2003 01:10 PM

Can you give me the syntax for setting that up?

Tim Rainier
Manufacturing Systems Analyst, Kalsec INC.
Office: (269) 349-9711 Xtn: 3354
Pager: 2694131607@archwireless.net
Email: trainier@kalsec.com

Schelstraete Bart <bart@schelstraete.org>