[squid-users] Squid and ramdisk for cache?

From: Chris Hoover <revooh_c@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 23:11:38 -0400

I have a quick question (really wish I could turn my brain off when not
at work :) ). My new squid server at work is a dual 2.6 Xeon (4 "cpus"
due to hyper threading) with 2 gigs of memory. Right now it is running
RH 8.0 with a vanilla 2.4.20 server.

Since I have so much memory, I was thinking of setting up a ram disk for
the swap cache files. I looked though the archives and did not see any
discussion on this for a current version of squid. I am thinking that
this would greatly speed up my squid. I was thinking of making between
a 1 to 1.5 Gig ramdisk.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Chris