Re: [squid-users] OT: cfgmaker fails to read Squid (noSuchName)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 13:24:33 +0200

On Sunday 04 May 2003 06.54, adam-s@pacbell.net wrote:
> On Sun, 4 May 2003 04:01:41 +0200, Henrik wrote:
> >I do not think cfgmaker supports Squid.
> >
> >Use one of the Squid mrtg.conf files as template, and then modify
> > this to suit your needs.
>
> Thanks Henrik,
>
> I guess I was just thinking too linearly. Even before posting I
> didn't find many good/complete examples (calvin.edu is gone,
> ircache.org removed their pages and point to rrdtool, the MRTG site
> have 2 MIB examples, not a complete file with LoadMIB etc, etc.)

The Squid FAQ links to an archive with a lot of examples:
http://howto.aphroland.de/HOWTO/MRTG/SquidMonitoringWithMRTG

A quick google for more information:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/squid.html
http://www.psychofx.com/chris/unix/mrtg/
http://www.arnes.si/~matija/utrecht/lecture.html
http://www.serassio.it/SquidNT/mrtg.htm
http://squid.visolve.com/related/snmp/monitoringsquid.htm
http://thproxy.jinr.ru/file-archive/doc/squid/cache-snmp/mrtg-demo/
http://hermes.wwwcache.ja.net/FAQ/FAQ-2.html#mrtg
http://www.cache.dfn.de/DFN-Cache/Development/Monitoring/
http://www.braindump.dk/en/wiki/?catid=7&wikipage=ConfigFiles

FAQ has been updated with these and will be visible tomorrow.