Re: [squid-users] OT: cfgmaker fails to read Squid (noSuchName)

From: <adam-s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 21:54:46 -0700

On Sun, 4 May 2003 04:01:41 +0200, Henrik wrote:

>I do not think cfgmaker supports Squid.
>
>Use one of the Squid mrtg.conf files as template, and then modify this
>to suit your needs.

Thanks Henrik,

I guess I was just thinking too linearly. Even before posting I
didn't find many good/complete examples (calvin.edu is gone,
ircache.org removed their pages and point to rrdtool, the MRTG site
have 2 MIB examples, not a complete file with LoadMIB etc, etc.) and
with the copies did find I had to modify lots of things like add .5,
change cacheICPpkt... to cacheIcpPkt..., change a numeric to a named
value (lru), etc. Though I haven't gotten the lru working yet (will
research graphing timeticks later), mrtg did read the rest of the
config and created the .rrd files. I've yet to view a graph becaues I
only had perl 5.6 and the mrtg-rrd.cgi I got requires 5.8 so I am
compiling that now. I'll post whatever config I end up coming keeping
in case others come to mrtg/squid as clueless as I.

thanks as always,

Adam