Re: [squid-users] cache_swap_low and high waternmark

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 23:24:25 +0200

Jigar Rasalawala wrote:

> 2003/05/05 12:57:11| assertion failed: diskd/store_dir_diskd.c:1652: "buf"
>
> What does it mean ? I think for diskd process Q1=64 and Q2=72 default.
> and I increased upto 100 and 100. Does it seem logical ?

The assertion indicates you ran out of queue entries for diskd because
your Q1/Q2 values are too high.

It is best to leave Q1 and Q2 at their default values. There generally
is no reason to change these, and you should only change these if you
have a clear understanding of what the values actually do.

Note: There is a upper limit of 96 queue entries in total for each
diskd. Both Q1 and Q2 must be reasonably below this, and there should
also be reasonable difference between Q1 and Q2.