[squid-users] Re: Squid Test Case

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 08:17:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 6 May 2003, KOB wrote:

> I am not need config squid server address in .pg file? But I can use
> "polyclt --config xxx.pg --proxy squid-IP : squid-port"

The proxy address is specified on the command line.

> What 's polyprx used for ?

polyprx is a proxy for testing polygraph. Not of interest to you.

> Do you have some .pg file for testing squid? And polygraph 's command to
> used for squid testing?

There is several workloads included in the polygraph distribution. Of
these the polymix-4 is quite good for testing a proxy with something which
resembles real life traffic..

Detailed step-by-step instructions can be found on the site of the Foutrh
Cache-Off event <url:http://www.measurement-factory.com/docs/PolyMix-4/>
for which the PolyMix-4 workload was developed. A great deal of
information is also found on the Polygraph web site
<url:http://www.web-polygraph.org/docs/>