Re: [squid-users] Re: cache_mem question

From: Rodsak Promrattanakul <kob_cpe8@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 00:27:23 +0700

>From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>>To:<kob_cpe8@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [squid-users] Re: cache_mem question>Date: Sun, 4 May 2003
>21:21:42 +0200

> > 1.When Squid recieved Object which uncacheable , what 'll squid do?
>Forward it to the client.
>While the object is forwarded parts may temporary be in cache_mem (a few
>KB)
##
Then it was removed or it become Negative-Object (I am not clear about
Negative-Object)

> > what is Negative-Object ?
>Error responses etc.
##
What is Error Responses?
##
What is Error Responses ' content ?

> > 6.storeEntry have no limit ?
>Each StoreEntry is fixed in size (ca 100 bytes). There is as many
>StoreEntry as needed.

> > If it have no limit ,what happen if Squid have many object?
>There will be many objects in your cache, as many as there is space for.
>Each object will have a StoreEntry. The amount if (of) StoreEntry is
>intirectly (indirectly) limited by the size of yoru cache and cache_mem.
##
If there are not memory enough for StoreEntry what happen ?

> > 7.Can cold object was removed ? What ' case ? And What happen
> > about it's index ?
>
>When an object is removed it is deleted from disk, cache_mem and the
##
If the Cold-Object is old. It 'll removed suddently , or it still in disk
until disk full (LRU Policy).

> > 9.Unlinkd used for unlinking old index or old Object?
>Object.
##
Squid unlink index by himself ?
##
Why do not use squid to unlink Object ?

> > 10.When I reconfig cache_mem (in case cache_mem was decrease), then
> > I run squid -k reconfigure .
> > Which content was removed?
>Data stored in cache_mem.

> > What happen about - index which indicate object ?
> > - Hot Object ?
>Nothing, execpt if negatively cached entries are removed from
>cache_mem (in such case they are also deleted from the index, as
>negatively cached objects do not have a copy on disk)
##
So what is the Hot-Object will removed first? Is it relate LRU policy?

Regard & Thank you very much ,
Rodsak.