Re: [squid-users] squid on 64 bit server: memory calculation differences with the FAQ?

From: Adam <adam-s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 12:55:35 -0700

"Henrik Nordstrom" wrote:
> This is not known as no comparable measurements have been done on 64
> bit platforms, but an estimate is that the memory requirements in
> 64bits is somewhere between 1.3 and 1.8 times the requirements for 32
> bits.

Thanks as always Henrik. Since my squid is and shall (based on the rest of
your comments) remain a 32 bit application, even if it is running on the
64bit Solaris OS, I can continue to use the FAQ recommendations for RAM
sizing, correct? The part in the FAQ about 64bit was referring to a squid
compiled as a 64bit app, right? If that is the case then I will leave my
sizing exactly as previously posted [ (( 10 * 7 ) + 374 + 20 ) * 2 =
28MB ]

thanks again,

Adam