RE: [squid-users] Ldap squid novell

From: Nicholas Ritter <ritter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 14:48:36 -0500

I don't know of any document that tells all of what needs to be done. Novell
has an AppNote on the subject of integrated edirectory and LDAP servers and
Linux.

I also have NetWare 6, and linux based squid server. The easiest way to do
this is setup Squid for LDAP authentication like normal, and configure LDAP
on your netware server for non-ssl cleartext. This is not the most secure
thing to do, but I know it works...we have done it.

Otherwise, export the SSL certificate that your LDAP/edirectory server is
using, and import it into the linux box running squid, this way your squid
box can do encrypted authentication.

The next trick is schema. This will vary with the layout of your netware
tree...

Let me know if I can be of more help.

Nicholas Ritter
NetAdmin