Re: [squid-users] Ldap squid novell

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 23:59:29 +0200

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 21.48, Nicholas Ritter wrote:

> I also have NetWare 6, and linux based squid server. The easiest
> way to do this is setup Squid for LDAP authentication like normal,
> and configure LDAP on your netware server for non-ssl cleartext.
> This is not the most secure thing to do, but I know it works...we
> have done it.

The current version of the LDAP helper (found in the Squid-3
development snapshots, but also works with Squid-2.5) supports LDAP
over SSL as used by Novell.

For older versions of the LDAP helper such as the version shipped with
Squid-2.5 you can set up stunnel to connect to the Novell LDAP server
using ssl. You then tell the Squid helper to connect to the port
provided by stunnel, and stunnel will wrap the request in an SSL
envelope for the Novell server.

> Otherwise, export the SSL certificate that your LDAP/edirectory
> server is using, and import it into the linux box running squid,
> this way your squid box can do encrypted authentication.

There should be no need to export the certificate. How do you intend
to use this exported certificate?