Re: [squid-users] established connections info

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 10:04:08 +0200

On Thursday 08 May 2003 06.39, Shilov Ilya wrote:

> Is there a way to identify all client_ip:port/squid_ip:port1
> squid_ip:port2/remote_ip:port pair (so we can identify that
> client_ip:port exchanges data to/from remote_ip:port through squid)
> on currently established connections at any time?
>
> / # client -p 8090 cache_object://127.0.0.1/active_requests
> There is only one entry:

Then there is no active request at this time except for your cachemgr
request.

> / # client -p 8090 cache_object://127.0.0.1/filedescriptors
> [skip]

Confirms this. all open connections are idle and no data is being
exchanged.

> In this example we have four connection from 192.168.74.30 to
> 81.18.143.39 through SQUID-server. But as there are no active
> requests from this client I see no way to make correspondence
> between remote 192.168.74.30 sockets as client and remote
> 81.18.143.39 sockets as web-server.

Correct, as there is no such correlation.

The client<->squid and squid<->server connections are independent of
each other and both are idle waiting for the next request to happen.

The first request from any client for a object on this server will use
the currently idle server connection. And the client will use his
idle connection for the next request regardless of which server this
request is for.

For a history of what clients have already exchanged data with what
servers see access.log. In the scope of the question cachemgr should
only be used for identifying the requests currently being processed,
not requests which have already been completed.