Re: [squid-users] established connections info

From: Adam <adam-s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 12:00:30 -0700

with reference to Ilya's question

"Henrik Nordstrom" wrote:
> For a history of what clients have already exchanged data with what
> servers see access.log. In the scope of the question cachemgr should
> only be used for identifying the requests currently being processed,
> not requests which have already been completed.

I might be 100% off based but doesn't the cachemgr.cgi "filedescriptors"
option give something like what Ilya is looking for? At least for
large/persistent streaming connections we've been using this to "monitor"
currently established streaming connections or downloads. We do this
because until the connection "closes" it doesn't seem to log/register in the
access.log file. So if we see a spike in traffic on our T-1 graphs, we
look here to see if there are a number of streaming connections.

Here is what I mean by showing client_ip:port" - I pull up the
Filedescriptors menu of Cachemanager, find the connection I am concerned
about:
 Active file descriptors:
File Type Tout Nread * Nwrite * Remote Address Description
49 Socket 1388 408* 25705414 192.168.5.81.1122
http://128.32.33.145/stream?m=xhIrB...
we then look down the list for an *nread close to 25705414 and find a few
lines down:
 52 Socket 5 25705374* 1032 128.32.33.145.80
http://128.32.33.145/stream?m=xhIrB...

My apologies if that has nothing to do with his question :)

adam