[squid-users] unable to reach some site with squid 2.4.stable7...

From: chloong <chloong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:55:25 +0800

hi,
I am using squid-2.4.STABLE7-4 came with RH8.0.
I had set the dns in resolv.conf with my ISP dns. When i connect to the
internet through the squid proxy server, the were some site that i not
able to connect, giving me error message :

##########

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.citibank.com

The dnsserver returned:

No DNS records

This means that:

The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
Check if the address is correct

Your cache administrator is root

##########

I try to use dig in the proxy server to lookup the site, and i could get
the ip of the site...

I did check the squid bug report and find out that 2.3stable have this
kind of problem...
May i know whether 2.4stable also have to problem and how can i overcome
this?

BTW, I didn't set anything on squid, i just install from RH8.0 and
change the port to 8080, then use it as my proxy. Most of the site i can
reach but some can't....

Please help!

Thanks

--