RE: [squid-users] ACL problem

From: Adam <adam-s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:54:37 -0700

Andrea ha scritto:
> acl block dstdomain .google.it
> http_access deny block
>
> Why don't work acl "block" only?

Ciao Andrea,

When you say it doesn't work, I assume you mean that users are in fact able
to connect to ???.google.it? I tried it on my development server and it
also worked for me!

However if I changed it to the full domain, like this, it worked:
acl block dstdomain www.google.it

so I figured that the "dstdomain" acl is more literal/exacting and went
looking for a regex_alternative, which there, of course being squid, is
already! So to match *all* permutations of google.it, I instead used the
dstdom_regex acl and that worked for groups.google.it, www.google.it, etc.

So try this:

acl block dstdom_regex -i google.it

It worked for me, though why you'd want to block something as useful as
google non capisco :)

hth,

Adam