Re: [squid-users] trouble w/ delay_pools info in cachemgr

From: Adam <adam-s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 19:01:22 -0700

Adam asked:
> > So does the list show active/current delay_pool users or just all those
since X hours?

and Henrik kindly replied:
> All users which have ever used the pool number since Squid was restarted.
>
> Each user uses so little memory it is not worth the effort to clean the
> pools of "old" individual entries.

Thanks as always for helping me out Henrik. Listing every user since
startup in the delay_pool's menu makes it seem not very useful. If you have
time-based pools then eventually *every* user will be listed in each pool
type. It would be much more useful as a troubleshooting tool if it were
only those sessions currently active. For example today a user in the vip
delay_pool was downloading patches and thus grabbing a big chunk of his
offices 256K line. I used the access.log to find him but it would have been
nice to see which delay_pool he was in as a non-vip user wouldn't have had
enough bandwidth (we hope) to impact the line.

Regardless I what I think or interpret, what is the real usefulness/intended
purpose of this menu to others? The only use I can think of is,
extrapolating one of your previous emails, seeing which pools are depleted
or idle.

thanks,

Adam