[squid-users] Browsing just stop.. IE Issue?

From: Scott Wrosch <swrosch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 16:37:57 -0400

Hi there,

Running Squid 2.5-STABLE1 (I know, I need to upgrade) on Redhat 7.3 using winbind as an authenticator. Only recently have a I noticed a problem on both of the machines I use at work when using the proxy. Usually after going to 5 or 6 different links, the little logo in the upper right corner of IE goes to an animated state, but that it. After a period of time, a browser error will pop up indicating that the page couldn't be displayed. But it's not a Squid message, even though it's set up to use the proxy. When I disable the proxy, it works fine, no problems.

Now, I've got both machines set to automatically detect the settings. I'm going to do some testing if I have it manually get the config script.

What I'm wondering is does anyone have any ideas what's going on? It's almost like the proxy just ceases to exist until I open a new browser window.

Thanks in advance, and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Scott